Thursday, January 31, 2013

Under the wire...


   I am barely squeezing this in under the wire since January is almost over already, but here are my belated reflections on 2012:


  In 2012, I gained a new appreciation for some old friends.

  I lost my goddamn mind.

  I stopped washing my hair. Remember that?!

  I started drinking water. It's not so bad with a little lemon.

  I was hugely satisfied by my cooking -- especially exploring new recipes.

  And frustrated by my lack of work-life balance.

  I am so embarrassed that I couldn't act like a normal human being in front of a guy I like.

  Once again, I spent too much money!

  Once again, I did not commit to a plan for the future.

  The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is a tie between my gimpy knee and the fact that my left big toenail finally grew back.

  The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is my willingness to try to let go of the "little things". Even if I still can't always actually let go, at least I am more willing to try it.

  I loved spending time with Kristi and little Jordan.

  Why did I spend even two minutes regretting things I did or said? (When I should have just moved on).

  I should have spent more time having adventures.

  I regret buying shoes on ebay.

  I will never regret buying my new white coat even though with that money I could have bought a plane ticket home.

  I cried in public way too much.

  I didn't travel enough.

  Boys drove me crazy.

  Was my workload crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?

  The most relaxing place I went was Poughkeepsie, NY.

  I feel so peaceful when I write that down.

  Why did I go to sleep angry?

  The best thing I did for someone else was take her to Mount Rushmore.

  The best thing I did for myself was give myself permission to want something.

  The best thing someone did for me was take me on a perfectly planned weekend in the country.

  The one thing I'd like to do again, but do it better, is go to my co-worker's party.




No comments: