Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Bonfire

As far as I'm concerned, 2013 can suck it.  Let's burn this year to the ground!


In 2013, I gained a renewed appreciation for getting lost in a good book.

I stopped listening to bad excuses from people in my life.

I started cutting ties with people who had a negative impact on me.

I was hugely satisfied by how frequently I wore nail polish.

And frustrated by passive aggressive behavior.

I am so embarrassed that I made a really dumb comment during a meeting at work.  Even though I didn't mean for it to sound dumb, it did.  Everyone laughed.  My face was bright red.

Once again I tolerated far more than should have been expected from anyone.

Once again I did not run.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is that my forehead had a multiple pregnancy and gave birth to several new wrinkles.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is how I feel about myself and where I'm at in life right now.

I loved spending time reading and cuddling with my kiddo.  And mindlessly looking at stuff on Pinterest.

Why did I spend even two minutes trying to salvage a friendship that wasn't really a friendship at all?

I should have spent more time with my kiddo.

I regret buying a bunch of rocks.  No joke.

I will never regret buying that pretty brown sweater dress even though with that money I could have bought a week's worth of groceries.

I tried to explain myself way too much.

I didn't relax enough.

Drama drove me crazy.

Was a family member who shall remain nameless crazier than ever last year?  Or was it me?

The most relaxing place I went was the beach!  Always the beach!

I feel so excited to plan on going again when I write that down.

Why did I go to that completely awkward lunch?

The best thing I did for someone else was groom a co-worker for a management position.

The best thing I did for myself was give myself permission to hurt and then move on.

The best thing someone did for me was say it was okay to hurt and then move on.

The one thing I'd like to do again but do it better is a particular meeting with my boss.

No comments: