Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Off With Your Head! (Farewell and good riddance, 2012!)

In 2012, I gained a small, but much needed boost to my self-esteem.

I stopped trying to figure out God's plan for me.

I started opening up a little bit more.

I was hugely satisfied by reducing how often I lose my temper.

And frustrated by the fact that there's still enough going on in my life that I feel like losing it anyway.

I am so embarrassed that I bought Super Hero undies.

Once again I thought about going back to school.

Once again I did not take a real vacation.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is twenty pounds.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is how I feel since losing those twenty pounds.

I loved spending time reading and cuddling with my kiddo.

Why did I spend even two minutes wasting my time trying to get someone to see things from my point of view?

I should have spent more time with friends.

I regret buying that bright banana yellow sweater.  What was I thinking?!

I will never regret buying those ridiculous patent leather stilettos even though with that money I could have bought two pairs of sensible work shoes.

I cried way too much.

I didn't laugh enough.

My best friend drove me crazy.

Was work drama crazier than ever last year?  Or was it me?

The most relaxing place I went was the beach!

I feel so excited to plan on going again when I write that down.

Why did I go to that fancy luncheon?

The best thing I did for someone else was call that person out on a lot of bullshit.

The best thing I did for myself was take my stomach pains seriously and go to the doctor.

The best thing someone did for me was get me speakers for my office so I can listen to music all day!

The one thing I'd like to do again but do it better is summer vacation.

No comments: