Monday, December 31, 2012

Year in Review 2012


In 2012, I gained a slightly different perspective on life (translation: just expect people to be dumb and/or rude).

I lost my patience for some things.

I stopped actively gardening.

I started running the school book fair.

I was hugely satisfied by winning at Family Science Night (twice).

And frustrated by not being listened to.

I am so embarrassed that I lost my favorite sunglasses.

Once again, I long for more time at the beach.

Once again, I did not finish NaNoWriMo.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is a few less pounds.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is my mental tripwire location.

I loved spending time shopping.

Why did I spend even two minutes worrying?

I should have spent more time organizing. And planning awesome gift packaging. And lounging around.

I regret buying nothing! Okay, maybe one pair of blue earrings that I've had for a month and not worn yet.

I will never regret buying new, properly fitted, undergarments even though with that money I could have bought lots and lots of other clothes!

 waited  way too much.

I didn't write enough.

People I don't like drove me crazy.

Was everyone's schedule crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?

The most relaxing place I went was the beach with Martha and Josie!

I feel so glad when I write that down.

Why did I go to Memphis when it was 105 degrees outside?

The best thing I did for someone else was offer some reassuring words and prayers.

The best thing I did for myself was  exercise smarter.

The best thing someone did for me was listen.

The one thing I'd like to do again, but do it better, is prepare for Christmas!


No comments: