Sunday, January 08, 2012

2011 -- Two Legs Walking Straight Out of my Life

And a brand new year walking in the door.




In 2011, I gained a healthier diet.

I lost a very dear friend who I still think about every day.

I stopped going to New York as much as I used to.

I started thinking more seriously about what I want to do next.

I was hugely satisfied by my personal relationships.

And frustrated by my October Board meeting.

I am so embarrassed that I lost my cool in front of my boss.

Once again, I barely squeezed past the finish line for NaNoWriMo.

Once again, I did not buy a new pair of brown pants. Maybe this year.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is half a missing toenail! (But it’s growing back, thank goodness).

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is I’m less afraid of...well, everything.

I loved spending time in Georgia.

Why did I spend even two minutes wishing he’d love me the same way I loved him?

I should have spent more time lying on the grass outside in the sun.

I regret buying that black pencil skirt without noticing it didn’t have back vents. Who makes a pencil skirt without back vents?!

I will never regret buying my Nine West blush pumps even though with that money I could have bought two months worth of bus/metro fare.

I shopped way too much.

I didn't write letters enough.

Home repairs drove me crazy.

Was the political scandal reporting crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?

The most relaxing place I went was The Marshall House hotel in Savannah, GA.

I feel so happy when I write that down.

Why did I go to Vermont?

The best thing I did for someone else was help organize their wedding.

The best thing I did for myself was sing along with the radio, driving fast on the back roads with the windows down.

The best thing someone did for me was remind me I can do anything and that “anything” can begin at any time.

The one thing I'd like to do again, but do it better, is my last dinner with Joe.


No comments: