Sunday, July 22, 2012

Curvy Girl Problems

  1. Being tall with wide hips and a wider butt make jeans shopping difficult.  And can someone please explain why there are tapered leg pants for those of us that are pear shaped?  That's as bad as maternity shirts with horizontal stripes.  Designers just like messing with people.
  2. Quad boob.  Since having my kiddo, my chest hasn't gone back to its normal size.  Weight loss makes them shrink some, but I don't think I'm going to be a B-cup again.  Mostly, I'm okay with that.  But so many pretty bras result in the dreaded quad boob look.  And pretty full coverage bras are so darn expensive.
  3. Runner's boob.  I'm making that up.  But my point is that since I've taken up running, I haven't found a really good sports bra that supports me.  I hate bouncing when I run.  The only springing should be the spring in my step.
  4. Double belly.  Not to be confused with double chin.  Tee hee!  What I mean is that some ladies are lucky enough for their bodies to go back to their previous shapes.  I wasn't one of those lucky ladies.  Seven years later and the skin on my belly is still saggy and badly stretched.  My natural waistline can be seen, but the skin above and below is...well, truth is, it's ugly.  No regrets because my kiddo was (and is!) totally worth it, but even she points out that my belly looks funny.  Talked to the doctor and she said that because it's skin and not fat, the only real way to correct it is cosmetic surgery.  No thanks.
  5. When I lose weight, my wrists and ankles get thinner first, which just makes the rest of me look bigger.  So annoying.  Although, one of my co-workers did mention that I was looking trimmer around my mid-section.  Now, I just have to patiently work on my hips, thighs and butt to get them looking trimmer.  Maybe I'll get there before I'm 40.  Maybe? 

No comments: